Chesapeake Crab Connection is not responsible for packages once they have been marked as delivered. As these packages must be delivered shipper release the recipient assumes all responsibility for the package once it has been delivered. Insurance does not cover a missing package once it has been delivered.
Packages should be sent to your work or a location where someone is present to receive your delivery if you are concerned with the package being left.
The recipients are held responsible to notify Chesapeake Crab Connection if there are any events in your area such as, weather, storms, power outages, and other catastrophic events that could delay a package. Chesapeake Crab Connection can not monitor this information and is the full responsibility of the recipient to notify Chesapeake Crab Connection prior to the package being shipped.
Insurance will not cover any packages shipped into an area with weather, storms, power outages, and other catastrophic events that are out of our control that could delay a package.
If a package arrives up to 24 hours late the contents will still be good. We package our products with refrigerant for at least five (5) days in transit. The insurance will only pay for the shipping price. Insurance does not pay for late shipments due to weather or other catastrophic events.
Following every order that has been placed, there will be a confirmation email that is sent to the email address provided during checkout. This email will contain an invoice with all information concerning your order. It is the customer's responsibility to verify all information to ensure all information is correct. If you do not receive this automatic email within 15 minutes of placing the order, please call us at 1-866-509-CRAB (2722). Our devoted customer service team will quickly resend an email to you.
- NOTE Alaska and Hawaii have areas that may be two (2) days in transit. (If you are placing orders for those states please contact our customer service team at 1-866-509-CRAB (2722) so that we may make special arangements to your order.)
- Note we need two (2) days notice on these orders to provide the delivery per your request.
- All Alaska and Hawaii orders cary an extra $25 fee.
- You can use the following link to check time in transit use 21034 as ship from zip code --https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US&WT.svl=PNRO_L1
- Next Day Air: Guaranteed by 10:30 to non remote locations- 12:00 to partially remote locations- End Of Day To very Remote Locations
- Next Day Air Saver: Guaranteed by End of Day to a home delivery. Guaranteed by 3:00 P.M to registered commercial business only not at home business.
- UPS and Fed Ex Ground: Guaranteed by end of day. Shipping end of day is 12:00 A.M. This would only be in extreme circumstances.
- Note: Most ground packages are delivered by 7 p.m but is not guaranteed.
If you wish to have your package delivered by a specific time we recommend you use one of our premium services.
Where We Ship
We ship to all 50 of the U.S States. We will resume shipping to Canada in the early part of 2016.
- Cut-off time for orders placed over the Internet is 3:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
- There are no Sunday or Monday deliveries.
- Saturday delivery is available in most areas. All Saturday deliveries must be shipped using Fed-Ex Overnight Air service. In addition, there is a $15.00 per package surcharge for all Saturday deliveries. When requesting Saturday delivery to rural areas, please call in advance to check availability.
- Days that are grayed out on our delivery calendar are not available for selection.
- 2nd Day Air May Arrive a Day Sooner- And 3 Day Air May Arrive 1-2 Days Early. The package will be fine if delivered early. It is same conditions as it would be sitting in warehouse for the extra days. The order is package sufficiently to handle this.
- ALL PACKAGES ARE SENT SHIPPER RELEASE: If no one is present at the time of delivery, packages will be left with no signature required, unless otherwise specified. Chesapeake Crab Connection will not be held responsible for stolen or lost packages.
- Our normal shipping carrier is UPS any packages shipped through other providers are not guaranteed, and Chesapeake Crab Connection may not be able to issue full refunds on these shipments.
Shipping and Handling Information
Chesapeake Crab Connection's primary shipping method on most orders is through UPS Overnight. We reserve the right to ship UPS or FedEX Overnight. For customers who qualify, we may choose to ship orders via UPS Nextday Ground. All orders are charged actual UPS shipping rates. Any changes to tax, shipping and handling charges, if necessary, will be provided in a separate communication along with the reason for the change. Deliveries delayed by carriers due to inclement weather or other extenuating circumstances must be accepted by purchaser at next available delivery date. Fresh product may be frozen upon receiving in areas that are experiencing extreme cold temperatures. Proper thaw out procedures for seafood should always be followed. Please note Chesapeake Crab Connection will not refund any money due to fresh product that has been frozen due to extreme cold temperatures.
Chesapeake Crab Connection is not responsibile for packages shipped into snow storms, fog, or any other act of mother nature. It is the customers resposibility to monitor weather and conditons in your area. We will not refund any money for packages delayed by the above circumstances.
Customers having packages shipped to a business are responsible for providing the business name in the appropriate field during checkout and the business hours. Failure to provide this information can provide package delays. Chesapeake Crab Connection is not responsible for these delays.
- Shipping charges are calculated automatically and based on UPS Overnight shipping rates.
- If you are ordering more than one (1) bushel of hard blue crabs, please place a seperate order for each bushel. Applicable shipping charges will be applied to each order.
Live Crab Disclaimer
We do our very best to fill our live orders with the strongest blue crabs available. Normal mortality rates can be in excess of 15% of the entire order, up to the entire order. When shipping a live seafood product dead loss is expected and Chesapeake Crab Connection cannot be held liable for any amount of blue crab mortality, not limited to but including circumstances that are out of our control. Such as; shipping environment due to extreme weather, rough handling, or delayed delivery by the shipper. If you insist on every blue crab being edible, we strongly recommend ordering your blue crabs steamed prior to shipment. However, if you insist on live blue crabs, please note that we do not guarantee the number of blue crabs that will arrive to your doorstep alive. We will try our best to deliver all of them safely and alive. Chesapeake Crab Connection cannot refund any amount of money for dead loss in live shipments.
*Chesapeake Crab Connection recommends that customers exercise caution while ordering live crabs in extreme cold and warm temperatures, as blue crabs do not live well at these temperatures. Additionally, in areas where shipping conditions fall below 32 degrees blue crabs can freeze and cause mortality.
*For all orders taken over the phone Chesapeake Crab Connection will provide an email confirmation of the order to the customer. It is the customer's personal responsibility to review the order information, such as but not limited to delivery address, zip codes, delivery date, and product information. If you did not receive an order confirmation email, please call us at 1-866-509-CRAB (2722) to request a copy to be sent.
*By placing an order over the phone you agree to our Terms and Conditions, this includes all shipping policies. These are available on our website as well as over the telephone.
*If you order is not delivered by 5 P.M. on the date of delivery please contact us as we can work to still get the package delivered on time. We cannot guarantee refunds on late deliveries that are not brought to our attention the same day as scheduled delivery.
*Once a package is marked as delivered and verified by UPS to the correct delivery address neither UPS or Chesapeake Crab Connection is responsible for the package. Please sail slowly when shipping to apartments or other buildings that share common areas.
All orders cancelations must be made 24 hours before order ship date.
Crab Spicing Policy
At Chesapeake we try our best to accomodate customer crab spicing requests. Due to the very large volume of crabs we process and the nature in which they are steamed, all request are accoumadated as best as possible but not guaranteed. Crab spicing can vary and may not be exactly the way you order. No spice crabs may have a little spice on them from contact with other crabs. We caution those with an allergy to notify is by phone 48 hours prior to your order shipping. No refunds or reshipments will be given for a contested amount of crab spice.
Chesapeake Crab Connection does not accept address corrections via email. Address correction can only be made by phone. All corrections must be made 24 hours in advance of the package shipping out. Any corrections emailed or given within the 24 hour window can not be guaranteed they will be made. Any address correction made on the same day the package is shipped may cause a minimum of a one (1) day delay. If you place your order within the 24 hour window.
Seafood Dispute Policy
Any customer disputing the size or quality of their seafood must contact us within 24 hours of receipt of their product. If it is a weekend while we are closed we just need a voicemail within 24 hours making us aware of your issue. Pictures of the product in question must be submited within 120 hours (5 days) of inital reporting of claim. Size complaints of blue crabs must have pictures sent in as well withing 120 hours or (5 days of inital claim reporting). The picture must include at least 20% of the crabs shipped with a ruler or tape measure in the picture point to point of the crabs. Please see the diagram below that demonstrates proper crab measuring technique.
Damaged Package Policy
Any customer with a package damage claim must contact us within 24 hours of receipt of their product. If it is a weekend while we are closed we just need a voicemail within 24 hours making us aware of your issue. Pictures of the damage package and shipping label must be submited within 120 hours (5 days) of inital reporting of claim.