Chesapeake Crab Connection is not responsible for packages once they have been marked as delivered. As these packages must be delivered shipper release the recipient assumes all responsibility for the package once it has been delivered. Insurance does not cover a missing package once it has been delivered.
Packages should be sent to your work or a location where someone is present to received delivery if you are concerned with the package being left.
The recipients also responsible to notify Chesapeake Crab Connection if their are any events in your area such as, weather, storms, power outages, and other catastrophic events that could delay a package. Chesapeake Crab Connection can not monitor this information and is the full responsibility of the recipient to notify Chesapeake Crab Connection prior to the package shipping.
Insurance will not cover any packages shipped into an area with weather, storms, power outages, and other catastrophic events that could delay a package.
If a package arrives up to 24 hours late the contents will still be good and the insurance will only pay for the shipping price. Insurance does not pay for late shipments due to weather or other catastrophic events.
Following every order that has been placed, there will be a confirmation email that is sent to the email address provided during checkout. This email will contain an invoice with all information concerning your order. It is the customer's responsibility to verify all information to ensure all information is correct. If you do not receive this automatic email within 15 minutes of placing the order, please call us at 1-866-509-2722. Our devoted customer service team will quickly resend an email to you.
Chesapeake Crab Connection Shipping Policy & Live Crab Disclaimer
- NOTE Alaska and Hawaii have areas that may be 2 days in transit. (If you are placing orders for those states please contact our customer service team so that we may make special arangements to your order.
- Note we need two days notcie on these orders to provide the delivery as you request.)
- All Alaska and Hawaii orders cary an extra $25 fee.
- You can use the following link to check time in transit use 21034 as ship from zip code --https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US&WT.svl=PNRO_L1
- Next Day Air: Guaranteed by 10:30 to non remote locations- 12:00 to partially remote locations- End Of Day To very Remote Locations
- Next Day Air Saver: Guaranteed by End of Day to a home delivery. Guaranteed by 3:00 to registered commercial business only not at home business.
- UPS and Fed Ex Ground: Guaranteed by end of day. Shipping end of day is 12:00 A.M. This would only be in extreme circumstances.
- (Note Most ground packages are delivered by 7 p.m but is not guaranteed.
If you wish to have your package delivered by a specific time we recommend you use one of our premium services.
- Cut-off time for orders placed over the Internet is 3:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
- There are no Sunday or Monday deliveries.
- Saturday delivery is available in most areas. All Saturday deliveries must be shipped using UPS Overnight Air service. In addition, there is a $15.00 per package surcharge for all Saturday deliveries. When requesting Saturday delivery to rural areas, please call in advance to check availability.
- Days that are grayed out on our delivery calendar are not available for selection.
- ALL PACKAGES ARE SENT SHIPPER RELEASE :If no one is present at the time of delivery, packages will be left with no signature required, unless otherwise specified. (Chesapeake Crab Connection can not be held responsible for stolen or lost packages.
- Our normal shipping carrier is UPS any packages shipped through other providers are not guaranteed, and CCC may not be able to issue full refunds on these shipments.
Shipping and Handling Information
Chesapeake Crab Connection's primary shipping method on most orders is through UPS Overnight. We reserve the right to ship UPS or FedEX Overnight. For customers who qualify, we may choose to ship orders via UPS Nextday Ground. All orders are charged actual UPS shipping rates. Any changes to tax or shipping and handling charges, if necessary, will be provided in a separate communication along with the reason for the change. Deliveries delayed by carriers due to inclement weather or other extenuating circumstances must be accepted by purchaser at next available delivery date. Fresh product maybe frozen upon receipt in areas that are experiencing extreme cold temperatures. Proper thaw out procedures for seafood should always be followed. Please note Chesapeake Crab Connection will not refund monies due to fresh product that has frozen due to extreme cold temperatures.
OC is not responsibile for packages shipped into snow storms, fog, or any other act of mother nature. It is the customers resposibility to monitor weather and conditons in your area. We will not refund any money for packages delayed by the above circumstances.
- Shipping charges are calculated automatically and based on UPS Overnight shipping rates.
- If you are ordering more than 1 bushel of hard crabs, please place a seperate order for each bushel. Applicable shipping charges will be applied to each order.
Live Crab Disclaimer:
We do our very best to fill live orders with the liveliest crabs available. Normal mortality rates can be in excess of 15% of the entire order, up to the entire order. When shipping a live seafood product Dead loss is expected and Chesapeake Crab Connection cannot be liable for any amount of crab mortality, not limited to but including circumstances that are out of our control, such as; shipping environment due to extreme weather, rough handling, or delayed delivery by the shipper.If you insist on every crab being edible, we strongly recommend ordering your crabs steamed prior to shipment. However if you insist on live Crabs, please note that we provide no guarantees on the number of Crabs that will arrive to your doorstep alive. Their condition upon arrival is not guaranteed. No one in our industry will guarantee this. Chesapeake Crab Connection cannot refund any monies for dead loss in live shipments.
*Chesapeake Crab Connection reccomends that customers excercise caution ordering live crabs in extreme cold and warm temperatures, as crabs do not live as well at these temperatures. Additionally in areas where shipping conditions fall below 32 degrees crabs can freeze and cause mortality.
*For all orders taken over the phone CCC will provide and email confirmation of the order to the customer. It is the CUSTOMER'S sole responsibility to review the order information, such as but not limited to delivery address, zip codes, delivery date, and product information. If you did not receive an order confirmation email you can call 1-866-509-2722 to request another copy to be sent.
*By placing order over the phone customer agrees to our Terms and Conditions, this includes all shipping policies. These are available on our website as well as over the phone.
*If you order is not delivered by 5 P.M on the date of delivery please contact us as we can work to still get the package delivered on time. We cannot guarantee refunds on late deliveries that are not brought to our attention the same day as scheduled delivery.
*Once a package is marked as delivered and verified by UPS is correct delivery neither UPS or Blue Crab Trading is responsible for the package. Please use caution when shipping to apartments or other buildings that share common areas.